Terms & Conditions
This web site is intended to provide general information about Cornfield Law LLP. You may view these pages on screen. You may not print or store extracts from this web site except for your own personal use. Our normal terms of business will apply to all work undertaken on your behalf.
COMPLAINTS HANDLING PROCEDURE
If you have a problem, please discuss it with the person responsible for your case. If you are still dissatisfied you should contact the Member responsible for Client Care, Mr Roderic Dicker.
What Will Happen Next?
- We will send you a letter acknowledging your complaint and if it seems appropriate suggest a meeting.
- We will then record your complaint in our central register. We will also investigate your complaint by examining the file.
- If appropriate, we will invite you to meet the person responsible for your case and/or the Client Care Member, to discuss and hopefully resolve your complaint no longer than 28 days after first receiving your complaint. If you would prefer not to meet, or if we cannot arrange this we will write to you within 28 days of receipt of your complaint.
- If there is a meeting we will write to you within 14 days of the meeting to confirm what took place and any suggestions that we have agreed with you.
- If you are still not satisfied then someone at Cornfield Law LLP who has not been involved will review your complaint again, either the Senior Member or, if she has already been involved, a Member who has not been involved in your complaint will provide a final review and write to you within 28 days confirming our final position on your complaint and explaining our reasons.
- If you are still not satisfied you can then contact the Legal Ombudsman at PO Box 6806 Wolverhampton, WV1 9WJ, www.legalombudsman.org.uk, telephone 0300 5550333, email firstname.lastname@example.org, about your complaint. Normally, you will need to bring a complaint to the Legal Ombudsman within six months of receiving a final written response from us about your complaint.
If we have to change any of the timescales above, we will let you know and explain why.
To see how and when to complain to the SRA, see their website, www.sra.org.uk, telephone 0370 606 2555 or write to SRA, The Cube,199 Wharfside Street, Birmingham B1 1RN